LINK UP: The Orchestra ROCKS
in partnership with Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute
Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Ohio Theatre, 10:00am (SOLD OUT!) & 11:40am, $5
Rossen Milanov, conductor
COUNTDOWN TO THE LINK UP CONCERT:
The Columbus Symphony Orchestra is proud to partner with Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute to present LINK UP: The Orchestra Rocks. This highly-participatory program for students in grades 3-5 unites the classroom with the concert hall, giving students the opportunity to explore music through a year-long curriculum of classroom activities and then attend a culminating concert where they sing and play recorders with the orchestra from their seats. Teachers may choose from one of three program paths, Basic, Basic+, or Advanced, depending on the level of involvement they would like to have for their students. Registration information below the videos.
Highlights from Link Up: The Orchestra sings - May 2016
To watch the Carnegie Hall video about this highly interactive program, click here.
The Orchestra Rocks Repertoire INCLUDEs:
- "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana
- "Anvil Chorus" from Il trovatore
- "Dance of the Adolescents" from The Rite of Spring
- $5 per student/adult. For every 20 paid student tickets, schools will receive one complimentary chaperone ticket. Ticket availability is not guaranteed. Reservations will be made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Registration form - available HERE - or call 614.221.4916 / email@example.com
TICKET PRICE INCLUDES:
- One copy of LINK UP: The Orchestra Rocks workbook for each student.
- LINK UP curriculum guide with accompanying CD and DVD for teachers, featuring lessons on singing, playing the soprano recorder, reading and notating music, and composing and improvising.
- Professional Development session for participating teachers. Materials will be distributed at this session.
- Access to Carnegie Hall’s online resource center with additional lessons and resources
TEACHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP:
- Participating teachers will be asked to attend an informational session to learn about the LINK UP curriculum and discuss strategies for classroom implementation. (Materials will be distributed at this session.)
- Recorder training will be provided for those requesting a tutorial.
- Forms will be available at the workshop for teachers to request PDUs.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, please contact:
Director of Education
Columbus Symphony Orchestra
Special thanks to Music & Arts for their generous support.