SIDE BY SIDE WITH THE CSO
The Columbus Dispatch was at the 2018 Side by Side. Read more.
CSO Music Director Rossen Milanov and the musicians of the Columbus Symphony Orchestra invite members of the community to sit "Side by Side" with their classical music counterparts in a professional rehearsal setting. Approximately 50 amateur musicians will have the opportunity to not only work one-on-one with a professional musician proficient in their chosen instrument, but also rehearse with a professional orchestra as a whole on the stage of the Ohio Theatre. See our video below!
- Must be amateur musicians age 25 or older that are able to read music and play an instrument that is part of the standard orchestra instrumentation.
- Participants will be placed according to registration in available spots for their instrument. No audition is required.
- Accepted participants must submit a $100 participation fee, which includes parking, before receiving practice parts or confirmed seating.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Registration is online only, beginning Monday, Dec. 11 - 6pm. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance via email.
Community musicians who took part in the 2017 event told us they most enjoyed...
"This was a life changing event for me!"
"I loved the momentum of playing through challenging music start to finish. In community orchestras, we deal with a lot of "stop and start" with sectional-type work. Loved playing with a group with the confidence to push ahead and make music!"
"Playing amongst professional musicians (and being able to keep up with the music) and on stage at the Ohio Theatre. What a thrill!..."
View the 2015 video below
View the 2014 video below