June 28-July 2, 2017
The Columbus Symphony invites you to a special four-day trip to experience the unique summer community of the Chautauqua Institution on Chautauqua Lake that encompasses the arts, education, religion, and recreation. Enjoy lectures, concerts, and other events, including the Columbus Symphony Chorus concert with the Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Rossen Milanov.
During our stay, the theme for the week is Invention: a way to pinpoint what we value, looking at men and women throughout history, around the world, who challenged the status quo by what they thought, saw and created. As we celebrate the evolution of humanity, we explore what’s next and how we’ll achieve it.
This four day, all-inclusive trip includes:
- Motor coach transportation
- Accommodations at the Athenaeum Hotel on the grounds of the Chautauqua Institution
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Athenaeum Hotel. Dining Room dress code: Breakfast, Lunch and all day Sunday: resort wear; Dinner Monday-Saturday: business casual to exclude jeans and/or shorts.
- 4-day Grounds Pass to attend lectures, concerts, programs, etc.
Special events include:
- Ailey II: New Works
- Dinner with Rossen at the Athenaeum Hotel on Thursday evening
- “Ode to Joy” – Chautauqua Symphony Orchestra concert with the Columbus Symphony Chorus on Saturday evening
- Post-concert reception with Rossen and the Columbus Symphony Chorus
$3,900 double occupancy room ($1,000 deposit)
$2,200 single occupancy room ($500 deposit)
Space is limited! Register and reserve your accommodations by May 20, 2017 by calling Denise Rehg directly at 614-719-6690, Carl McCoy directly at 614-221-5411, or click here to download the reservation form.
Prior to May 20, 2017 all deposits and payments are fully refundable, less a cancelation fee equal to one-half the per person deposit. Payment in full must be received by June 16, 2017. If we have not received full payment by the deadline, forfeiture of the deposit may result. After the deadline date, no refunds will be made. All deposits and fees are fully refundable if Columbus Symphony cancels this specific travel offering.
Columbus Symphony recommend trip cancellation insurance that may be purchased online.